December 21, 2010

Copywrite Vs Asher Roth

Now some of you may already know about this, but I've got to admit that it's news to me!  Asher Roth isn't someone I pay particular attention to, but I've loved Copywrite's material ever since I heard 'Holier Than Thou' back in 2002.  So it came as a surprise to find that he'd had an EP out in 2009 called Ultrasound The Rebirth which went completely under my radar. 

It's a 9 track EP with some tight production, that's much slicker than Copywrite's usual style, but it doesn't distract from his clever rhymes and fluent delivery.  There are guest appearances from Sean Price and Royce 5' 9", but it's his solo effort on the track entitled 'Cremation' that really struck me.
He goes straight for Asher Roth's jugular, no holds barred.  He's even sampled some kind of funeral service music and looped it throughout the track, and to great effect.

I don't know what sparked this (if anything), and to be honest I don't really care for hip hop beefs, but I do like the track and thought the EP might have passed others by too.  Check out the video for Cremation.

No comments:

Post a Comment